Challenge kids to work with a poetry buddy to put their developing poetry knowledge to use in searching for the following poetic parts in one single poetry book. By the end, they may also have found a fun poem to share, too.
The list begins:
- Find a line of poetry that mentions an animal or color
- Find a line of poetry that mentions the name of a person or place
- Find two lines of poetry that rhyme
- Find three pairs of rhyming words
5. Find a line of poetry with alliteration (repeated first letter)
For more details, get your copy of The Poetry Teacher’s Book of Lists.
And if you already have the book and would like to offer additions, corrections, or other input, please do so in the COMMENTS area. Thanks!