The list begins:
- Brenner, Barbara. Ed. 1994. The Earth is Painted Green: A Garden of Poems about Our Planet. New York: Scholastic.
- Brenner, Barbara. Ed. 2000. Voices: Poetry and Art from Around the World. Washington, DC: National Geographic Society.
- Clinton, Catherine. Ed. 1993/1998. I, Too, Sing America: Three Centuries of African American Poetry. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Cohn, Amy L. Ed. 1993. From Sea to Shining Sea: A Treasury of American Folklore and Folk Songs. New York: Scholastic.
- Cullinan, Bernice and Wooten, Deborah. Eds. 2009. Another Jar of Tiny Stars; Poems by NCTE Award-winning Poets. Honesdale, PA: Wordsong/Boyds Mills.
For more details, get your copy of The Poetry Teacher’s Book of Lists.
And if you already have the book, but would like to suggest additions, corrections, or offer other input, please do so in the COMMENTS area. Thanks!