Once young people join in on poetry performance, they may enjoy experimenting with other creative ways to make poetry come alive. Here are a few suggestions.
The list begins:
- Employ props and physical objects referenced in the poem
- Try puppetry for poem character voices
- Find or create simple masks to suggest poem persona
- Make or find simple shadow puppets for poem characters
- Manipulate a strand of string to help tell the poem-story
For more details, get your copy of The Poetry Teacher’s Book of Lists.
And if you already have the book and would like to offer additions, corrections, or other input, please do so in the COMMENTS area. Thanks!