Wednesday, April 11, 2012

100 Poetry Books for Young Adults (Ages 13-18)

As young adults move toward reading and responding to classic poetry for adults, let’s not forget there are many rich collections of poetry published just for them. ‘Tweens and teens will find many fascinating options here in poetry about young love, culturally rich poems, absorbing novels in verse, and even poetic works written by other young people. This list is only a beginning.

The list begins:

  1. Adoff, Arnold. 2010. Roots and Blues, A Celebration. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
  2. Aguado, Bill, comp. 2003. Paint Me Like I Am: Teen Poems from WritersCorps. New York: HarperTeen.
  3. Appelt, Kathi. 2004. My Father’s Summers. New York: Henry Holt.
  4. Atkins, Jeannine. 2010. Borrowed Names; Poems About Laura Ingalls Wilder, Madam C. J. Walker, Marie Curie, and Their Daughters. Henry Holt.
  5.  Begay, Shonto. 1995. Navajo: Visions and Voices Across the Mesa. New York: Scholastic.


For more details, get your copy of The Poetry Teacher’s Book of Lists.
And if you already have the book, but would like to suggest additions, corrections, or offer other input, please do so in the COMMENTS area. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to know more about these suggestive points. Give me little more brief and I think they can help me. Here the mentioned points are very useful and I am definitely going to adopt in my life.

    slut

    ReplyDelete
  2. A debt of gratitude is in order for posting this information. I simply need to tell you that I simply look at your site and I discover it exceptionally fascinating and educational. I can hardly wait to peruse bunches of your posts. 트레이드어덜트

    ReplyDelete